Skyline Design uses an EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) interlayer that is specifically designed for use with glass. EVA film has unparalled molecular cross-linking capabilities (which creates a stronger adhesive), and glass bonded with EVA can withstand severe shocks, meets or exceeds safety requirements, and offers virtually unlimited aesthetic opportunities. Because of its durability, it is suitable for both exterior uses, such as skylights and balconies, and indoor structures such as partitions, doors, and walls.
Our EVA interlayer offers many advantages to competing films, such as PVB (polyvinyl butyral):
- It is highly transparent, which means it will not affect any pattern or design applied to the glass.
- It offers superior adhesion (three times that of PVB) due to its molecular cross-linking capabilities and will maintain that adhesion even under extremely high temperatures.
- It is highly resistant to moisture, heat, and discoloration, and it blocks 99% of UV rays, so it can be used in exterior structures or at any site exposed to the elements without fear of delamination.
- Because it is water resistant and is a non-water based product, it is a perfect solution for open-edge exterior laminated glass.
- Due to its low melt viscosity, it facilitates the process of laminating tempered glass and decorative substrates.
- It is a strong, impact-resistant film.
- It provides excellent sound insulation, as demonstrated in the STC rating chart